Form tracking is available in native Android applications as of SDK version 5.0.1. Form tracking allows customers to get in depth information of form input by users and indicates if a user filled out (filled out or value of field) a particular form field or not (empty value).
Trackable Field Types
Currently, input of the following field types can be tracked:
Methods and Properties
Name of Function
|context||The context of the current activity.||yes|
|view||Overrides the local view used in the activity.||no|
|formTrackingSettings||Additional settings to customise form tracking||no|
Set the form tracking configuration.
- formName: By default, the name of the current activity or view is used as the name of the form. Use this function to specify a different name for the form.
- fieldIds: If you want to track only specific fields of the form, indicate them here. Otherwise, all trackable fields of the current activity or view are tracked.
- renameFields: By default, the name of the field ID is used to generate the name of the field. If you want to change the default name you can specify this here.
- changeFieldsValue: By default, the value of the text field is used as value of the field. You can change the default value here. Please be aware that if hardcoded, the field value is changed permanently and does not indicate anymore if a field was left empty.
- anonymousSpecificFields: By default, only EditText fields are anonymised and send as filled out or empty to the trackserver, instead of displaying the actual value of the field. If other field types need to be anonymised, you can indicate them here.
- fullContentSpecificFields: By default, the SDK sends EditText fields anonymised (filled out / empty) to Mapp Intelligence. If you want to send the actual content of the specific fields instead, indicate them here.
- confirmButton: If you want to indicate that a form has been submitted or cancelled, you can set the confirmButton to true or false. By default, the confirmButton is set to true.
- anonymous: If you want to anonymise all field types, set anonymous to true.
- pathAnalysis: You can track the order in which the user has filled out the fields. Please note that you need to track the order manually and parse the data to the fieldsOrder function. Mapp Intelligence cannot track the order in which the user filled out the form automatically.
Please also check our sample application inside our Android SDK v5 version to try out form tracking in a sample app. You can download the SDK in GitHub.
- Last Focus does not work faultlessly and only for editText types.
- pathAnalysis and rename fields do not work automatically.